MTN Uganda is recruiting for the post of General Manager- Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) in 2019 session.
No of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Division: Enterprise Business Unit (EBU)
To manage and direct the Company’s Enterprise Business Unit within the framework of the agreed business Strategy and to meet operational targets for revenues, profitability and customer satisfaction. To provide Professional Sales inputs to the creation and maintenance of MTN Uganda Enterprise Business Strategy that will deliver shareholder value.
Prime Responsibilities of the position:
• Provide professional input and advice to the Chief Executive Officer in developing the MTN Enterprise Business Strategy.
• Build the MTN Enterprise Business division which will deliver shareholder value by profitably exploiting the MTN fixed-line network assets and Fixed-mobile network convergence opportunities.
• Plan and execute MTN-Uganda’s ISP/Fixed-line Strategy.
• Liaise with the CEO and Heads Of Divisions to obtain the MTN resources needed for the MTN Enterprise Business division to operate effectively and meet performance targets
• The leadership of a professional MTN Enterprise Business division management team that delivers the business goals agreed by the Chief Executive Officer. Manage critical functions like Sales, Technical support, Customer Services, Product development, and Marketing Communications. Develop Customer Support Strategy.
• Use market research to position MTN-Uganda’s current products and services for maximum competitive advantage in the ISP/Fixed-line solutions market.
• Develop new ISP/Fixed-line business solutions to exploit market opportunities and effectively manage the products and services portfolio across MTN-Uganda.
• Develop an Executive Relationship Management programme for MTN major Corporate customers, assisting with thought leadership and consultative -based selling at board level in customer accounts.
• Establish management processes and systems to ensure that the MTN- Enterprise Business division meets EBITDA targets.
• Full integration of quality management processes within the MTN- Enterprise Business division and their effective deployment on a day-to-day basis.
• Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate managerial action to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
• Provide data MTN- Enterprise Business division business performance to support management decision-making at the executive management level.
• Provide Strategic direction, as well as analyze data and provide insight to assist in the business plans and strategies.
• Develop a highly productive, skilled and motivated MTN-Enterprise Business division team through the adoption of performance management procedures.
• Drive MTN-Uganda and Group initiatives or Projects within the business.
• Maintain effective working relationships with internal/external suppliers and Partners.
• Establish Inventory Management and ordering process for CPE/ Terminal units to ensure high MTTI /MTTR.
The applicant must possess the following;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent.
• Master’s Degree (MBA) will be an added advantage
• Proficient with MS Office application especially Excel and PowerPoint
• 7-10 year’s Sales or commercial experience in a Telecoms industry or an ICT Service-oriented Organization.
• Strong Telecommunications and business management experience.
• Strong understanding of ICT Technologies and Products.
• Good understanding of emerging markets is advantageous.
• Experience in People management is required.
Training & Knowledge:
• Products and services.
• Process and Business Modeling.
• Relationship management.
• Business Analysis and Intelligence.
• Business Planning.
• Financial modeling.
• Budgeting & Budgetary control.
• Project Management.
• Executive Development Program Training.
• Knowledge of Financial procedures, procurement procedures etc.
• Knowledge of Telecommunications industry.
• Consumer environment and factors impacting consumer demand.
• Customer value management (CVM).
• Excellent Communication skills and Presentation skills.
• Excellent Negotiation skills.
• Consumer behavior and market dynamics and research principles.
• Interpersonal skills and able to relate at all levels within the business.
• Financial analysis.
• Strong Business acumen.
• Trend analysis and interpretation.
• High volume data analysis.
• Positive, outward-looking disposition.
• Knowledge and ability to apprehend the interrelationships of presented facts in such a way as to guide action towards a desired goal.
• Team Player.
Interested candidates should email their Job Applications addressed to the GM-Human Resources, with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview), to ugrecruitment.UG@mtn.com, not later than Tuesday, 02nd April 2019.
NB: Please note that the presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.