Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB has activated the portal to enable candidates effect change of course/institutions online for the academic session of 2018/2019
This is to inform all Candidates that JAMB portal is open for the application of the following categories:
Candidates considers so many factors before applying for JAMB change of course or Institution. They reasons are outlined below:
INCOMPLETE O”LEVEL RESULTS: Candidates who wrote WAEC, NECO or related “O” Level exam, may have ran into deficiency of required credit passes in some key/relevant subjects of their dream course, may decide to go for change of course to accommodate themselves.
LOW JAMB SCORE: JAMB result as a key factor in determining your admission screening level must be passed according to the standard. If not could lead to Application of JAMB Change of course/Institution.
MISTAKES DURING REGISTRATION: Majority of candidates don’t register JAMB by themselves thereby engaging business/cyber cafe’ owners to do it for them. In a long run, there may be mistakes in spelling or wrong choosing of course or Institution.
OTHER CHALLENGE: These includes several factors ranging from finance, change in Geographical locations, Parent’s suggestions, Fear of Tribal differences, etc. Such cases treated under this heading result to change of institution
NB: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin are N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only).
1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page
5. Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this.
6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
12. After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
13. Click Submit to complete your application.
14. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.