JAMB has sanitized the process of UTME registration with new developments starting from 2018 till date. With the advance level of JAMB system we have come out with overview covering all you need to know to successfully create profile in 2019/2020 JAMB registration.
Update – JAMB profile creation has not commenced yet. This article is a full description of the processes involved.
JAMB made it mandatory for all Intending candidates to create profile online to easy stress. With the profile created in JAMB, you can perform necessary things there check your results, admission status, examination center and many more.
To enable you register for 2019 JAMB, you must create a profile with JAMB and then proceed to get JAMB E-Pin before going further with the registration process.
2019/2020 UTME Registration | 6 Solid Steps to Create JAMB Profile Online
- The first step is to verify your email address on the JAMB portal. To do this, click here.
- Fill in your email in the first two spaces provided, then select a question and type a secret answer in the last 2 spaces. The secret question and answer will be required if you forget your password to your profile on the JAMB portal, so ensure you always remember your selected question and the corresponding answer you typed.
- Then click “Verify Email”. A link will be sent to your email.
- Open your email and find an email sent from “noreply@JAMB.gov.ng”. The email should be titled “eMail Address Confirmation”. Check your spam folder if the email didn’t show in your inbox.
- Open the email and click the link that says “Click here to continue your Profile Creation”. If you are unable to click on the link, ensure the email is not in your SPAM/JUNK folder. If it is, move it into your inbox to access the link.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is also a UNIQUE CODE that was sent to you in that email. Please ensure you do not delete that email or you can copy the unique code to somewhere safe. You will be needing this code when you go to register at the CBT Centre.
Once you click the link in step one, step 2 provides you with a form to fill in your personal information
- Fill in all the information as provided by the form. Your surname, first name, middle name, date of birth (day, month & year), your phone number, nationality, state, LGA and Password to your profile.
- Please ensure you crosscheck all the above information, because if you don’t, it may cost you to change it in future.
- Once you are sure of all the above information, click on “Sign Up”.
- That’s all, your profile will be created immediately. You should see a message that says “Your Account Creation Was Successful.”
- You can click on “Proceed to Login” to access your new profile.
How to Create JAMB Profile with CELL Phone VIA SMS
JAMB calls it registration from home meaning that it is the simplest way of creating JAMB Profile online. Follow the instructions below:
- Sends your Surname, First Name & Middle Name (where applicable). This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to 55019
- One cell number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only
- A confirmation code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN
PROFILE SELF HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE / LOSS:
If you encountered errors in the spelling of your name or similar issues, below article is for you.
- To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number) “CORRECT Surname First name Middlename” to 55019
- To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019.