MTN Uganda is announcing for job vacancy in the post of General Manager- Sales and Distribution for 2019 edition.
No of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Division: Sales and Distribution
To manage the execution and implementation of the Sales & Distribution Strategy within the Company. To oversee the direction and control of all Sales and Distribution in the company, ensuring they are streamlined for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. The Function Head is the owner of the “Customer Life Cycle”.
Prime Responsibilities of the position:
• Participates with top management to establish Corporate strategic plans and Go To Market (GTM) objectives.
• Make recommendations and decisions in liaison with the CEO, CFO, and CTO on all commercial matters and ensures the effective achievement of the agreed objectives.
• Responsible for initiating, planning, developing, coordinating and executing all the Sales and Distribution operations policies and programs.
• Responsible for establishing, coordinating and growing the business sales channel to ensure the achievement of the commercial objectives.
• Evaluates sales performances, formulates and reviews corporate commercial medium and long-range plans, goals, and objectives for specific products and services.
• Responsible for the Strategic direction and coordination of a field Salesforce and achievement of direct and indirect sales targets with regard to market needs and actions of the competition.
• Directs and controls the Commercial (Retail & Distribution) function with overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, for the commercial (Retail & Distribution) departments.
• Regularly interact with Executives and major customers, dealers to implement product and service positioning strategies.
• Oversee the development of Commercial business plans and product/service positioning in the market place.
• Conduct competitive analysis and market research (direct and monitor the competitive analysis and market research and address/recommends actions on the identified customer needs), evaluate sales performances, formulate and review corporate commercial medium and long-range plans, goals, and objectives for specific products and services. Monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
• Provide persuasive presentations to customers to implement product and service positioning strategies.
• Liaises with the MTN dealers to maintain to implement the Strategic roadmap and drive business targets.
• Define and implement strategies for penetrating the market place.
• Manage Products Stock Planning, forecasting and analysis for the distribution warehouses and all Regional distribution warehouses.
• Develop and implement Systems, policies, and Procedures for smooth operations in distribution warehouses.
• Receive and assess dealer’s credit applications and make appropriate recommendations to the Company Credit committee for dealer credit.
• Oversee the management of agreed dealer credit lines and debt management as per the Company’s guidelines.
• Manage the process of verifying Product costing and computations to avoid Cost of Sales errors.
• Oversee the management of all dealer stock orders including stock movement, mode of payment, timelines of delivery of dealer stock, level of service extended to the dealers as well as the availability of Stock when required by the dealers to prevent stock outs.
• Produce accurate monthly and Quarterly Sales Performance reports, Stock reconciliation Reports to the CEO.
The applicant must possess the following;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent.
• Master’s Degree (MBA) will be an added advantage
• Proficient with MS Office application especially Excel and PowerPoint
• 7-10 year’s Sales or commercial and Management experience in a Telecoms industry or a Service-oriented Organization.
• Previous Sales, Marketing, Distribution and Customer Service experience.
• Strong Telecommunications and business management experience.
• Good understanding of emerging markets is advantageous.
• Experience in People management is required.
Training & Knowledge:
• Products and services.
• Process and Business Modeling.
• Relationship management.
• Business Analysis and Intelligence.
• Business Planning.
• Financial modeling.
• Budgeting & Budgetary control.
• Retail and Distribution Management Training.
• Executive Development Program Training.
• Knowledge of Financial procedures, procurement procedures etc.
• Financial and Accounting systems.
• Knowledge of Telecommunications industry.
• Consumer environment and factors impacting consumer demand.
• Customer value management (CVM).
• Excellent Communication skills and Presentation skills.
• Excellent Negotiation skills.
• Consumer behavior and market dynamics and research principles.
• Interpersonal skills and able to relate at all levels within the business.
• Financial analysis.
• Strong Business acumen.
• Trend analysis and interpretation.
• High volume data analysis.
• Positive, outward-looking disposition.
• Knowledge and ability to apprehend the interrelationships of presented facts in such a way as to guide action towards a desired goal.
• Team Player.
• Reporting and Performance analysis.
Interested candidates should email their Job Applications addressed to the GM-Human Resources, with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview), to ugrecruitment.UG@mtn.com, not later than Tuesday, 02nd April 2019.
NB: Please note that the presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.