The Government of Canada has programs and funds to help people who have emigrated to Canada. This information can be useful to those who have emigrated to Canada before, as well as those who are considering emigrating to Canada because they will know what to expect.
1. The federal government has agreed to provide an additional $ 920 million over five years to provide additional training in English or French to those who have emigrated to Canada. In addition, the Ontario government has invested $ 60 million in teaching English and French as a second language to immigrants.
2. Bill 124 which created the Ontario Office of the Fairness and Global Experience Commissioner; They are responsible for helping immigrants find work in their field of study or in the field in which they have previous experience.
3. The bridge training program will help immigrants move from their job in their country to this new job in Canada. They are there to facilitate this transition period for immigrants by helping them obtain the certification or registration necessary to work in their field.
4. Individuals who emigrate to Ontario and have worked in their field for more than three years may be eligible for internship programs. This program allows immigrants to complete a six-month internship to gain experience in their field in the province.
5. A total of 81 community organizations in Ontario are there to help immigrants better settle in Canada through various programs and assistance available.
6. The government is also investing money in Community Builders of Ontario, a grant that promotes Ontario’s ethnic and cultural diversity. This is done by educating the general population, as well as by helping organizations that help immigrants to Ontario.
7. $ 2.1 million is also being invested in the ministry’s language interpretation services so that those who do not speak English and are victims of domestic violence receive service in the language they feel most comfortable with. easy. Although these people may know English because it is a sensitive issue, it may be easier for them to express it in their native language.
8. There is also a service called Employment Ontario which helps people find jobs and helps job seekers find those with the right experience. The program provides information on job search, job planning and preparation, and placement.
The Ontario government is doing many things to help those who need help after immigrating to Canada. For more information on how to immigrate to Ontario, you can always contact Toronto Immigration Lawyers and they will be able to answer all of your questions.