Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates for the job vacancy of Chief Marketing Officer At MTN Uganda.
No of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
To develop and execute the overall marketing strategy for the acquisition and retention of subscribers and the growth value of those subscribers. To maintain Market Share Leadership within the industry.
Prime Responsibilities of the position:
• Provides strategic input at a first line report level in assisting the CEO in developing the overall strategic direction of the company.
• Responsible for the ownership, development, and growth of the MTN Brand. This includes developing and integrating all Brand strategies via advertising, sponsorship, promotions, public relations, and any other means.
• Assisting in the development of the MTN Business and Marketing Plan up to the Gross Revenue line.
• Product development- responsible for determining Company product and service range, development of such products.
• Product management- manage all existing products to ensure they remain competitive and operationally sound with the market.
• Develop advertising and Brand strategies, executes advertising plans and establish a comprehensive communication plan to build the Company’s Brand image which stimulates connections, usage and merchandising.
• Develops Corporate/Business Marketing plans, Fixed-lines, Mobile, data, ICT and international gateway solutions to the Corporate market.
• Retail advertising- manages conceptualization of MTN retail image and application of the MTN Brand with the retail environment.
• Coordinate Company research requirements ranging from primary, secondary research to competitive intelligence.
• Provides Analysis of actual market performance against plans and prepares Reports appropriately.
• Develops Company tariffs and pricing for all existing and for new products and services.
The applicant must possess the following;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent.
• Master’s Degree (MBA) will be an added advantage
• Proficient with MS Office application especially Excel and PowerPoint
• 7-10 year’s Marketing or commercial experience in a Telecoms industry or an FMCG Service-oriented Organization.
• Strong Telecommunications and business management experience.
• Strong understanding of and Products.
• Good understanding of emerging markets is advantageous.
• Experience in People management is required.
Training & Knowledge:
• Products and services.
• Brand building and Management.
• Customer Care Management.
• Retail and Distribution Management.
• Process and Business Modeling.
• Relationship management.
• Business Analysis and Intelligence.
• Business Planning.
• Financial modeling.
• Creative Design Management.
• Budgeting & Budgetary control.
• Project Management.
• Executive Development Program Training.
• Knowledge of Financial procedures, procurement procedures etc.
• Knowledge of Telecommunications industry.
• Consumer environment and factors impacting consumer demand.
• Customer value management (CVM).
• Excellent Communication skills and Presentation skills.
• Excellent Negotiation skills.
• Consumer behavior and market dynamics and research principles.
• Interpersonal skills and able to relate at all levels within the business.
• Financial analysis.
• Strong Business acumen.
• Trend analysis and interpretation.
• High volume data analysis.
• Team Player.
Interested candidates should email their Job Applications addressed to the GM-Human Resources, with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview), to ugrecruitment.UG@mtn.com, not later than Tuesday, 02nd April 2019.
NB: Please note that the presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.