British Immigration Tips – An Essential Guideline for European Citizens

Across Europe, many governments are trying to push migrants away in the hope that they will provide jobs for their citizens. It is not just a bad economy because immigrants often help stimulate economic growth and job creation, and it is often illegal. In Britain, the country is bound by regulations it has accepted with the rest of the European Union, which grant freedom of movement to members of all European Union and European Economic Area (EEA) countries. They don’t always enforce ownership of these laws, so knowing the help of your right.

Your right to visit Britain for three months

Any citizen of a country of the European Economic Area is entitled to visit Great Britain for a period of up to three months without any formalities. All they have to do is show up at the border with a valid passport or ID. If border officials try to put more obstacles in the way, they are breaking the law.

Your right to live and work in Great Britain

Citizens of all European Economic Area countries have the right to live in Britain for more than three months if they are doing what is known as exercising treaty rights. This means that they are working, in which case they can remain without further formalities. They can also only study or retire, but in this case, they will have to prove that they have enough money to support themselves. They may also be required to show that they have their health insurance. So the easiest way to stay in the UK is to find a job.

The right of your family to visit Britain

If you have family members who are citizens of the European Economic Area countries, do not worry because they can only enter with their passport. But if your husband/wife or children are citizens of another country, they have the right to visit and live in Britain because of you. If you have been visiting for less than three months, all you have to do is show your passport and marriage certificate. Britain requires people to obtain a family visa before leaving. It is against European law, but this point is difficult to clarify in the immigration line at Heathrow Airport, so it is best to get a free visa before departure.

The right of your family to live in Great Britain

As long as you have the right to be in Great Britain because you work or exercise treaty rights, your spouse and other dependent family members have the right to live and work with you. They have to apply for permission from the UK government, but the law cannot deny it as long as you are correctly exercising your rights and working or have enough funds to support them all.